One of the great things about cycling is that you'll find an almost unlimited selection of add-ons to customize your bicycle and help you enjoy riding. But what accessories do you really need?
We came up with a few "must haves" to have a safe and enjoyable ride. In addition, a few tools for basic maintenance. Please let us know if I've missed anything.
1) Helmet. Because safety first!
2) Proper gear. Besides helmet and gloves, we wear a high visibility jacket that turns into a vest if it gets too hot.
3) Water bottle. Stay hydrated
4) Air pump/ tire pressure gauge. We carry portable ones and have stand-up ones at home
5) All in one tool. Just in case you need adjustments
6) Tire levers and spare tube
7) Small seat bag. To carry essentials
8) Set of lights (flasher tail light) and a bell
9) Bicycle repair stand, nice to have but not necessary
10) Bicycle tool kit