A great habit to perform is a pre-ride maintenance before every ride. A basic look over before you ride can make sure your bike is in safe working order.
1) Tires. Check tire pressure to make sure it is up to spec. Tire pressure can vary, depending on the tire. You can see the recommended tire pressure listed on the sidewall of the tire.
2) Brakes. Make sure brakes are engaging, test stopping power. Reference pg 20 in your user manual
3) Pedals. Spin pedals and cranks, making sure they spin effortlessly. If folding, make sure they lock in place securely.
4) Saddle. Set saddle height. Ensure that saddle is secure, and quick release secure.
5) Wheels. Spin the wheels to check for true (straightness) no wobbles, hops or rubbing on the brakes.
6) Bars and Stem. Set angle and height of handlebar. Check handle bar is secure.
7) Chain. Make sure it is snug, but not too tight or loose.
8) Derailleurs. Set barrel adjusters to precisely shift chain across all gears. Reference pg 21 in our user manual
9) Axles. Tighten quick release by hand. Or tighten locknuts with 15mm wrench.
10) Frame locks. Make sure folding frame lock is secure with safety lock engaged.
* A basic tune-up is recommended at least once a year by a reputable bicycle shop*